India’s first discounted stockbroker with advanced in-house technology and largest active client base.
Sorry! Zerodha's latest Code of Conduct doesn't allow us to list the Account Opening Guide.
However, we are focused on helping you stay ahead of the crowd by offering the best solutions to the problems existing in the trading domain. So, check out this video walkthrough and follow the instructions to open your account with Zerodha.
1. Photocopy of PAN card, which must upload on Zerodha's portal.
2. Aadhaar (Customers can open their account via the offline route if you do not need to use your Aadhaar details)
3. The mobile number linked to your Aadhar (Mandatory for online as customers will receive the OTP in that particular number only)
To complete the e-Sign step, customers need to authenticate it with a One-Time Password(OTP). So, make sure customers have the mobile number linked to your Aadhaar. If not, you will not be able to complete the process.
If the number linked to your Aadhaar is not in use, or if you don’t have any number linked, you need to visit your nearest Aadhaar, Seva Kendra, to get your number updated/linked.
4. Bank Proof: Cancelled cheque/Bank statement/Passbook front page(Anyone of them) to link with your bank account.
a. If your cheque doesn't contain your name, then the bank statement you upload should have both the IFSC and MICR code mentioned on it. If not, then your application will be rejected.
b. The bank proof you provide should include your name, bank logo/sign/stamp, account number, IFSC, and MICR code.
5. Signature: A scanned copy of the customer's signature will be required to be uploaded.
6. Income proof(Optional)
It’s mandatory only if customers wish to trade in Futures and Options – Equity, Commodity, and Currency.
b. Income Tax Return Acknowledgment
c. 6-month Bank statement
d. Latest salary slip
e. Networth certificate from a CA
Note: The documents mentioned are for a Resident Individual Account Only.