Kotak Securities Limited is a subsidiary of Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited and one of the leading stockbrokers in India. It offers a wide range of trading and investment services, including Research and advisory services, Portfolio management services, Wealth management and more.
Click on ‘Open Your Account’ to visit Kotak Securities and start your account opening process. Enter your mobile number and click on ‘Get Started’ to start the procedure.
Enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number to continue. In case you have not received the OTP, then click the Resend OTP button. Click on ‘Continue’ to proceed further.
You will be asked about your investment experience. Select the option you relate to the most. In case of any queries while filling out the form, initiate a chat or a call to the customer support team and get your queries resolved.
Enter the temporary OTP issued to the Aadhaar-registered mobile number. And then press the Continue button.Provide required documents by clicking on Allow.
After the E-Verification of Aadhar, enter your father’s and mother’s names and addresses. Click on Continue to proceed further.
Now you would be asked to add the nominee’s details. You can also opt out of adding a nominee after filling out a declaration form.
If you have opted to add a nominee, fill out the nominee’s personal details such as an address, city, state, etc. Please note if the nominee is minor, you have to add the details of the guardian. You can also visit the branch and add the nominee details offline.
Now verify your email id. You can continue with Gmail or enter it manually. You will be sent an OTP on the registered email id for verification purposes.
Now you are required to enter your marital status in the next step.
In the next step, you are required to update your occupation. You can also opt for an offline journey if the occupation is other than the options mentioned in the list. Upon clicking on “click here”, you will be given a notification of the offline application.
Add your approximate annual income and select the name of a bank to be linked with Demat and your trading account. A list of popular banks is provided. You can also search the name of your bank manually if it is not shown in the list.
For Kotak Bank:
You only need to then add account Number and CRN No. associated with your Kotak Mahindra Bank Account. You do not need to upload any additional bank documents.
For Non-Kotak Bank:
You need to add your Account No.
Click on Continue
Add your account number and click on ‘Continue’ to proceed further.
Enter the OTP sent to your registered email id and click on ‘Continue’ to proceed further.
In the next step, you’d be asked to upload a selfie and signature. After uploading, click on ‘Continue’ to proceed further.
Now you are required to choose a plan offered by Kotak Securities. Choose a plan that will suit you the best in your investment journey. Click on ‘continue’ to proceed further.
After choosing a plan, you’d be redirected to the payment page for the selected plan. Choose a mode of payment and after successful payment for the same, click on ‘Continue’ to proceed further.
Now you’d be asked to e-sign the application form. An OPT will be sent to your registered phone number linked with your Aadhar card.If your Aadhar is not linked to the phone number, you will have to open an account through an offline process.
After digitally e-signing the form, you will receive your login credentials via registered email. The account would be opened in the next 24-48 hours upon successful submission of your application.
- A scanned copy of your PAN card
- A scanned copy of Aadhar Card
- Cancelled Cheque/Bank statement to link your bank account
- A scanned copy of your signatures - Income Proof (Only required if you wish to trade in Futures & Options, Currency or Commodities)
- You must have an active mobile number linked with your Aadhaar card. This is to complete the eSign-in/DigiLocker process which requires OTP verification. If your mobile number is not linked with your Aadhar card, then visit the nearest Aadhaar Seva Kendra to get it linked.
- Make sure that the bank statement you are uploading has an Account number, IFSC and MICR code printed on it. If these are not clearly visible, then your application may be rejected.
- The cheque must have your name clearly inscribed on it.
- Signature should be done with a pen on a blank paper and should be clearly visible. Use of pencils, sketch pens or markers will get your application rejected.
- You can submit any of the following documents as an income proof:
Latest 6-month Bank statement
Latest salary slip
Networth certificate from a CA
Income Tax Return Acknowledgment