A new entrant into the stock market; Groww, currently offers investment in stocks, Mutual Funds, Gold and Fixed Deposit. It has an active client base of 51,65,760 till December 2022.
Click on ‘Open Your Account’ to visit Groww and start your account opening process. Enter your mobile number to continue.
Now enter your PAN number to continue. Click verify to proceed.
Confirm your identity by clicking the confirm button.
Now enter your Date of Birth, Gender and marital status. Click the next button to continue.
Now enter your Occupation type, annual income and parents name. Click next to continue.
Now enter your bank IFSC Code and wait for the system to detect the branch. Click Confirm bank to continue.
Now enter your bank account number. Re-enter it to confirm the bank account number. Click verify bank to continue.
Now click your picture on a clear background. Click the camera button to capture your photo.
Now you need to record a 3-second video of yourself to do the IPV process. Make sure your face fits within the frame.
Now upload a clear picture of your PAN card. Click the Camera to capture it. You can also upload a scanned image of the PAN card from your gallery.
Now verify your address by uploading any one of the documents (Aadhaar card, Voter ID, Passport, Driving License). Click Next to continue.
Now enter your same address details which you have mentioned on your uploaded documents.
Now you need to upload your signature. Check the declaration box and hit “click to sign button”. You will be welcomed by a screen where you need to sign using your fingers. Click submit. Your account has been successfully created. You can now start trading using the app.
- A scanned copy of your PAN card
- A scanned copy of Aadhar Card
- Cancelled Cheque/Bank statement to link your bank account
- A scanned copy of your signatures - Income Proof (Only required if you wish to trade in Futures & Options, Currency or Commodities)
- You must have an active mobile number linked with your Aadhaar card. This is to complete the eSign-in/DigiLocker process which requires OTP verification. If your mobile number is not linked with your Aadhar card, then visit the nearest Aadhaar Seva Kendra to get it linked.
- Make sure that the bank statement you are uploading has an Account number, IFSC and MICR code printed on it. If these are not clearly visible, then your application may be rejected.
- The cheque must have your name clearly inscribed on it.
- Signature should be done with a pen on a blank paper and should be clearly visible. Use of pencils, sketch pens or markers will get your application rejected.
- You can submit any of the following documents as an income proof:
Latest 6-month Bank statement
Latest salary slip
Networth certificate from a CA
Income Tax Return Acknowledgment