Zerodha, a financial services company, offers its clients the opportunity to invest in Equity Delivery and Direct Mutual Funds without brokerage fees. For Intra-day and F&O, clients can pay a flat fee of ₹20 per trade to trade with Zerodha.
The company also provides its clients with three mobile apps- Zerodha Kite, Zerodha Coin, and Zerodha Varsity. Zerodha Kite allows clients to trade from anywhere, Zerodha Coin facilitates online mutual fund investments, and Zerodha Varsity offers stock market education to clients.
Zerodha's investment in technology is one of its key strengths. The company has developed proprietary trading platforms and provides its clients access to third-party trading software. Clients can open an account with Zerodha to start trading today.
Trading Potential with Kite by Zerodha
Zerodha's Kite trading platform stands out with its sleek, user-friendly, and high-performance design. It reigns as the easiest-to-use trading application in the Indian stock market, offering various features tailored specifically for advanced traders. With Kite, traders can immerse themselves in a comprehensive trading experience, including a comprehensive market watch, a rich selection of charts featuring over 100 indicators, and advanced order options like cover orders and GTT orders.
Key Highlights of the Kite Platform
- Trade with Ease on Kite Platform: Multilingual support, mobile-friendly interface, and effortless fund transfers make your trading experience hassle-free.
- Diverse Product Types: Kite offers a range of product types, including:
- Cash & Carry (CNC) for delivery-based equity trades.
- Margin Intraday Square off (MIS) for intraday trades in equity and F&O.
- Normal F&O Trades (NRML) for intraday/overnight F&O trades without additional leverage.
- Cover Orders: Intraday market orders (NSE, NSE F&O, Currency, and MCX) with pre-determined stop-loss orders.
- GTT Orders: Orders for Equity Delivery trades, Bank Nifty, and Nifty F&O that remain active until triggered.
- After Market Orders (AMO): Place orders for the next trading day on the previous day itself.
- Versatile Order Types: Kite provides various order types to traders, including:
- Limit (LMT) orders: Buy or sell at a pre-determined price.
- Market (MKT) orders: Buy or sell at the best available price.
- Stoploss or Trigger (SL and SL-M) orders: Place a pre-determined loss booking order at a trigger price.
Zerodha's Kite Android App
The Kite Android App is a mobile trading app part of Zerodha's trading platform. Designed to be intuitive, powerful, and fast, it allows online customers to trade on the go using their smartphones. The app offers equity, derivatives, currency derivatives, and commodities trading options.
Zerodha App Compatible with iOS and Android Devices
Zerodha offers the Kite Android App for free to all its online customers. The app is available on the:
- Android Play Store for Android smartphones.
- The App store for iOS devices.
Zerodha's Kite Mobile App: Features to Streamline Trading Experience
Zerodha's Kite mobile trading app is a powerful tool that offers all the features of the Kite Web platform. Here are the top features of the Zerodha app:
- Online Trading on Mobile Devices: The Kite mobile app lets you trade on the go using your mobile phone, tablet, or iPad.
- Equity Delivery Trading: Zerodha lets you buy and sell equity shares on the BSE and NSE through its app.
- Equity Intraday Trading: The app allows trading equity shares within the same trading day.
- Equity Derivatives Trading (F&O): The app allows you to trade in futures and options (F&O) contracts based on equities.
- Currency Derivatives Trading (F&O): Zerodha offers currency derivatives trading on its mobile platform, which includes currency futures and options.
- Commodity Derivatives Trading (F&O): The app allows you to trade commodity derivatives, including futures and options.
- Advanced Order Types: The app has advanced orders like Cover Order, GTT Order, and AMO Order.
- Market Watch: You can track the market trends in real time with streaming quotes on the Market Watch feature of the app.
- Multiple Watchlists: You can create up to 5 different watchlists on the app, each containing 20 scrips.
- Access to Level 3 Data: The app provides access to level 3 data, which includes 20 market depths.
- Years of Charts with 100+ Indicators: The Kite mobile app offers years of chart data with over 100 indicators for technical analysis.
- Live Market Depth: The live market depth with 5 bids and offers can be seen.
- Online Fund Transfer and Withdrawal: The app lets you transfer and withdraw funds from your Equity and Commodity accounts online.
- Account Management: You can manage your account balance, used margin, exposure margin, and portfolio by holdings and positions in separate tabs.
How To Use Zerodha KITE Mobile App?
For existing Zerodha customers, it is essential to download the highly efficient mobile trading platform Zerodha Kite. The app offers a unique trading experience, providing real-time data, chart analysis, and numerous benefits.
To make the best use of the app, a step-by-step guide is available:
- Logging in to Kite mobile requires entering the Zerodha ID and Password. A PIN for authentication needs to be set up.
- Upon entering and confirming the PIN, users are directed to the "watchlist" section, where they can create up to 5 watchlists. Each watchlist can accommodate up to 50 stocks and indices.
- Add a specific stock to the watchlist by entering its initials or name in the search section and clicking on the "+" option.
- Stocks, indices, and derivatives (futures & options) can be organized into different watchlists based on convenience.
- Deleting a stock from the watchlist can be accomplished by pressing and holding the particular stock, tapping the "delete icon," and saving the changes.
The Kite mobile app consists of several sections:
- The "orders" section comprises "pending," "executed," and "GTT" segments. The "pending" segment displays unexecuted orders, the "executed" segment shows completed orders and the "GTT" segment contains delivery orders.
- GTT (Good Till Triggered) orders are particularly useful when investors want to hold stock rather than purchase it immediately. These orders allow taking a position at the desired value without incurring additional Zerodha GTT charges.
- The "portfolio" section provides information on "holdings" and "positions." "Holdings" displays the stocks currently held for investment, while "positions" shows the current holdings in respective stocks.
- The "apps" section allows users to explore various trading applications Zerodha offers, including platforms and tutorials. Additionally, users can view the Zerodha apps they own or use.
- The "account" section lets users view and edit their profile details, adjust app settings, add or withdraw funds, and access the Zerodha Console. Fund transfers to the trading account can be made by selecting the "funds" option, entering the transfer amount, choosing a payment option (Google Pay, UPI, Net Banking), and confirming the payment.
For withdrawals from the Zerodha account to the bank account, users need to enter the withdrawal amount and confirm the transaction. Ensuring that the withdrawal amount does not exceed the account balance is crucial.
Zerodha: Affordable Trading with Cutting-Edge Technology
Zerodha, founded in August 2010, is India's largest stock brokering company. The company offers low-cost brokerage for trading in Equity, Equity F&O, Commodity, and Currency F&O segments on the BSE, NSE, and MCX. Zerodha also offers depository services and mutual funds.
Zerodha is considered India's most innovative stockbroker due to its technology investment to make trading and investing convenient, safe, fast, and extremely affordable. Zerodha has developed an in-house trading platform, trading tools, a back office, partner portals, discussion forums, technical analysis tools, and APIs for integrating its trading platform with other application developers.
Zerodha charges a flat rate of ₹20 per trade for intraday, F&O, currency, and commodity trades across NSE, BSE, and MCX. Additionally, Zerodha does not charge brokerage fees for equity and mutual fund investments.
As of April 2023, Zerodha has 62 lakh active customers and is a Depository Participant of CDSL. The company is also a member of stock exchanges BSE, NSE, and MCX, with a trading market share of over 19% in retail trading.
Zerodha mobile app is a platform for traders and investors. It offers a user-friendly interface, competitive charges, and reliable customer support, making trading and investing convenient. The app's features, such as advanced order types, multilingual trading options, and comprehensive market analysis tools, cater to the needs of both beginners and experienced traders. Zerodha app provides a convenient and trustworthy investment platform, delivering value to its users.